23 October 2009

One little jab in the arm

One WHOLE week of weirdness.

Well, on Saturday a week ago, I strolled into the place with nice nursies to subject myself, voluntarily to a nasty needle. At least I thought I would be inflicted with A nasty needle. In fact, I had to endure 2 nasty needles from the nice nursey who, did let me have 2 plasters to prove a point.

Anyway, when I got home I started feeling a littl strange (even more than normal). By mid afteroon, I had to go to bed for an hour. During the night, I started to get a dull ache in my arm. On waking on Sunday morning, I discovered I had what looked like 2 lashes across my upper arm where the pneumonia needle kissed me. By midweek, the lashes had turned to welts. By Wednesday, I had one mother of all red rashes which was painful and warm to the touch. Hmm, I decided to speak to nice nursey at work who said that I would feel poo for a while and that some drugs of the legal kind would help.

Off home i traipsed after being at work for a couple of hours and horizontal I stayed for 4 hours or so.

What a week. Today the rash is the size of a £2 piece and fortunately, no longer painful. I can actually lift my arm again.

Just goes to sow what 20 strains of pneumonia at one shot can do to you.......

No comments: