17 May 2008

Contemplation

It is a strange feeling. We are leaving England on Thursday for Malaysia. It is like going home to a home that isn't anymore, yet is. It remains home because my mum and dad and sister are still there. But is isn't home because my family i.e. T and Munchkin are here in England.

I have been looking forward to this for a long time. To return, to the place of my birth with my first born. It is going to be a special moment. I know my parents and sister have been waiting a lifetime for this. I have too. Munchkin is of an age where he will be very entertaining. We have , today, bought him a few surprises for the journey. He has some new toys, some new books and a new case (thanks Chief Oracle, without whom we would not have acquired such a funky case for Munchkin!)as shown above.

This week at work is going to drag. I just want to get on that plane and feel the humidity of my second home again. I can just, if I close my eyes, smell the spice. But more importantly, I can, if I close my eyes and concentrate, feel the hugs of my very own mama, papa and meimei, a feeling that is second to none in this world. It just feels like coming home and I can't wait!

No comments: