02 January 2009

Goodbyes are not forever

Goodbyes are not the end; They simply mean I will miss you until we meet again.

The forrins leave us tomorrow and will be making the long journey back to Malaysia after what can only be described as the best Christmas I have had in a decade. I only wish that today was the day before they were due to arrive again and that Christmas was yet to come rather than past.

Our last parting was a hopeful one as I knew that they would be winging their way to these shores at Christmas. But this time, the next hello hug has not been planned yet. I can already feel the tears welling up and the heartstings are wrenched tight. I am trying not to think about it but, the darn clock keeps ticking the precious minutes away.

We have shared so much in such a short time. Munchkin has learnt to smile for the camera, he has been enjoying his Ah Ee and Mamah's home cooking and is now a big fan of noodles and congee, he has spent many happy hours on their laps listening to all manner of stories about anything from a wooly rhino to rabbits in Mr McGregor's garden. He has been loved, cuddled, chased, tickled, hung upside down...all with all the affection in the world.

He is going to miss them, T is going to miss them (I think!) and I am going to miss them. With them, they will, as always on parting take a piece of me home to warmer climbs. Still we have a few hours left......to savour this special bond that is family.

No comments: