13 January 2009

Two little words

We make it a point to say "I love you" to each other and to Munchkin as well.

Today, when Munchkin had been fished out of the bath with a big BOING (he likes being bounced out of the bath by his daddy), T said "I love you, Munchkin. I love you very much!"

Unprompted, Munchkin put his head on my shoulder, still wrapped up in his big fluffy towel, smiled at his daddy and said "Luff Yoo"

I can feel the tears welling up even as I write. We shared a great big "Gevvver" (Together) hug. Then T said "Tell mummy you love her too". As if on cue, Munchkin toddled over to me, grinning, arms wide and a he clasped his little hands round my neck he said, quietly but sweet as anything "Luff Yoo" while he buried his little head into my neck for a cuddle.

My world is a brighter place because of one little boy and those two little words...."Luff Yoo".

No comments: