10 June 2009

Peace at Last

Wednesday nights are Munchkin and Mummy nights. Daddy goes off to try and be Spiderman but not before Munchkin has been fed, watered washed and watered again. Today was not different.....or so we thought.....

Most of the evening went off without a hitch. Munchkin was ready for bed and Daddy read the trilogy and then bade us farewell for the evening. I put Munchkin to bed after lots of cuddles, giggles and a head butt (that is another story, I am waiting in anticipation for the black eye I might have in the morning) After saying goodnight, I wandered downstairs. I busied myself with the usual evening time chores when heard sobbing, really sad sobbing. As this was somewhat out of character for the Munchkin, I dashed upstairs faster than a speeding bullet, faster than a locomotive, it's a bird, it's plane (oops getting a bit carried away, there!)

I burst through the door of Munchkin's bedroom, distraught with worry about what I would find. Was he ill, had he hurt himself, had he had a nightmare?

Standing there, tears pouring down his cheeks and sobs erupting, was Munchkin. He was beside himself. I gave him a cuddle and kisses and asked him what was wrong. "Mummy, bunny fell outta the bed", he sobbed pointing to the crumpled heap of cream fluff on the floor. I picked bunny up, returned him to Munchkin's outstretched arms and cuddled him again.

"Ok now, Mummy. Happy now. Bedtime in the bed"

As I lay him down again, bunny firmly clutched in his little hand, he said "Night night mummy, bunny happy now"

Peace restored!

No comments: