05 October 2008

Happy Ah Ee day!

Today is my sister's (Ah Ee). She is 28 today. Wah! Lau Liau nu!

We have postponed celebrations till December. Ah Ee's second birthday (like the queen one official and one not) is 2oth December. We shall celebrate together then.

I bet I know what she is doing on her birthday. My sister recently become a proud home owner so I guess she will be busy scrubbing, cleaning the house or painting. If she is not at work, that is. She works very hard and for that and for all that she is I am very proud of her. Or she could be indulging in her next favourite past time, shopping for things for Munchkin, probably shoes.

We have had a funny relationship over the years. We drifted apart while I was away at school here. But since we have both been working, our relationship has gotten pretty indestructable. Yes we still do have cat fights, we still say things to each other in the heat of the moment that we don't really mean. We still agree to disagree. But with all that is said and done we know one thing, we can be open and honest about all things (well, most things ; P) without feeling like we are treading on eggshells.

I rely on her to prop me up, to reassure and most of all, to have a good old moan and rant about things so that I can move on.

She doesn't judge, she doesn't presume, she isn't in it so that she can get something out of it. She is all a sister should be and so much more. And she is mine! Happy birthday Ah Ee! See you soon.

No comments: