07 October 2008

A happy day

I feel a need to document this because it is icing on the cake. It starts of somewhat sadly but the ending is happy.



When I was pregnant with Munchkin, a colleague announced that she was in the same, happy boat. We talked briefly about having the children (our due dates were only 2 weeks apart) and being ladies that lunch. We talked about how we were feeling and how fat we were getting. We had lots to look forward to. We even had the same midwife as we live within 10 minutes drive of each other.



Then one day, when I was about 30 weeks pregnant, I got a phonecall from home. I remember having to hold back tears while someone told me that my colleague had lost her precious one. I remember not knowing how to feel. I didn't know how to react and I remember not being able to stop crying for quite a while.



We haven't really talked about it but today she appear at my desk at work. She stood there with a huge grin on her face, pointed at her tummy and gave me two thumbs up! I could have squealed the house down (I am not over excitable and are not driven by my emotions at all, honest! Chief Oracle is probably chuckling to herself now!) but all I wanted to do was throw my arms around her and give her a HUGE hug. I did just that.



Nothing was said nor did it need to be said. I have had a secret prayer for a while that this would happen and that the would receive the blessing that we have in Munchkin. Today, that prayer was answered. And today my belief that all prayers are answered and all wishes can come true is reaffirmed. The miracle of life, once again leaves me in awe.

No comments: