26 October 2008

Home alone

This weekend Munchkin and I have been home alone. Well, not strictly as the girls have been here as well. T left for Kent for a dibdob scout reunion yesterday afternoon.

I am happy to report that it has, so far, been a quiet and calm existence. Munchkin has spoken to Ah Kong (Ta-ton) and Ah Ee today. He has been playing with the girls learning that he has to be nice to them and stroke them gently - not runing at them screaming in excitement "Mishi! Chocho!" does help.

Despite the clock change, Munchkin stayed in bed till 0800 which gave me time to get up and out of bed, shower and make the necessary Munchkin arrangements (milk, water, nappies etc etc) in preparation for his highness' waking. After second breakfast, as we sat reading, (well I was reading, Munchkin was pointing at the pictures), he yawned a few times. He then said "Bed, bye bye" and wrapped himself round me. I took him upstairs, changed him and put him into his cot. I left him there with his book and stood at the bottom of the stairs listening to him "reading". Peace at last.

No comments: