23 March 2009

'appy Mummy Day, Mummy!

Magic moments are made of words like these.

It has been a rough few weeks on the health front. Munchkin is much "Better now, Mummy!" I have yet to turn the corner although T, who caught the lergy from me is well on his way to being mended.

Still Mothering Sunday dawned, Munchkin was sounding very cheerful upon waking, singing happily in his cot at about 0730. We listened with amusement and were just getting ready to rise and shine when it all stopped - he had fallen back to sleep again. So we followed his lead and didn't wake till a good hour and a bit later.

Munchkin had already presented me with a little posy of flowers, a little bookmark (which Poppins had helped him make with his own fair hands) and a little box with a lovely little verse written on it (which, by the way made me cry!). He also (with the help of daddy) picked a little card for me. "Mummy", he said as he presented it proudly to me "Toby roped it (wrote it)", "Tiger in it" "Open it, Mummy"

However, Munchkin does like to render his mummy useless and this time he excelled himself. On the prompting of his daddy, Munchkin looked at me, grinned the cheekiest grin and said, clear as a bell "Happy Mummy Day, mummy!". He then threw his chubby little arms around my neck and nestled his head into my shoulder for a cuddle. "Mummy, Luffly"

And a luffly day it was. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and the echo of "'appy Mummy Day" will stay with me for a long time to come.

1 comment:

williamandshelley said...

awwwwwwwwwwww....must post a photo of the sweet little creation :)