08 March 2009

Mummy.....sing.....

This is a very typical Munchkin command. Just to be precise, I also get told what song it is I am to start singing before I get too carried away and break into random song or any song of my choice (perish the thought that I still, might have a say in things.

A typical repertoire would be:

Munchkin: Mummy....sing
Me: What would you like me to sing today?
Munchkin: Ah ee...song....
Me: Which one?
Munchkin: Dingle Balls Dingle Balls......(a)wayyyyyyy!
(Incidently, this is the cue to start Jingle Bells)

Other favourites are: (real titles in italics)

Postie Pat........Cat.............Mornin' (Postman Pat)
Builder-der...sing it (Bob the Builder)
Teapot...(s)tout (I'm a little teapot)
Animals.....(hu)rrah (hu)rrah (The animals went in two by two....)
(S)Par -get-ti (On top of spaghetti)
Jesus...Ah ee (Jesus loves me)

I might have to write all these interpretations down (it seems that I have now, here) as no one by T and I (with the exception of Ah Ee and Poppins) understand what on earth he is on about most of the time. Ah Ee and Poppins seem to have a built in dictionary of Munchkin. Both can hold perfectly normal conversations with him and seem to have him giggling away most days. Ah Ee my weekend Poppins....and Poppins my weekday Ah Ee.