21 November 2007

Happiness is....?

I have often pondered the answer to this question. I guess it depends where one is in life and what one needs at the precise moment in time to feel this emotion. So at the time of writing my answer is:
  • the fact that the cat has not piddled on the floor by the front door
  • there were no bills in the post
  • it is not raining
  • we have power (there was a power cut last night)
  • Munchkin is sleeping
  • the cats are sleeping
  • we have nothing planned today...it is a duvet day
  • it is nearly Friday and T will not be working silly hours anymore after that

Hmm....but what makes me smile?

  • Eau de Munchkin when I hold him close to me
  • Munchkin gurgles (and the cats meowing in reply)
  • Munchkin laughter
  • T's dancing
  • Watching T and Munchkin together
  • Seeing T at the front door in the evening when he gets home
  • Seeing the cats on the windowsill welcoming us home from an outing
  • Thinking about my parents and my beautiful Sister
  • Thinking about Chief Oracle and her family in Texas

So I guess what I am saying is that happiness, to me is in my family (immediate and extended, feline and human) for without them it would be a cold existence!

No comments: