05 November 2007

Munchkin's take

When mummy dressed me up all nice this morning, I knew that something was up. She was all dressed up too. She told me it was called a "soup" - I got quite excited then. If it is carrot and squash I will have a double portion please!

I pondered the world as we drove off. I wondered which of my fingers tasted best. I settled for my thumb. Mummy was going on about the fact that this was an important day and that I must behave and not fuss and not spit at the nice people at the new-key-year power station. I drifted off to nodland (can you blame me? She does go on that woman - I think it is the lack of grown up female company. Daddy told me they like to chat)

When I woke up (the stupid woman was walking very fast with clippity shoes on - WHAT A DIN!), I found myself staring at 3 men in uniform. We then went into a lift that talked and told us where we were (just in case mummy's brain was so addled she had lost her sense of being) Mummy walked me into an office where there were quite a few very important looking men wearing strange things round their necks (daddy only ever wears things like that for special occasions - must ask him why he didn't wear one to the hospital when I was born - after all they keep telling me I am special). The men made comments about my lovely head of dark hair. I could understand why. 50% of them didn't have any hair and the other 50% had white bits in their hair. I then went for a cuddle with Aunty S. She is lovely and we went for a little walk around to see all mummy's work friends.

I was just getting used to all the female adoration when Daddy came round. He must be jealous as I am such a Lady Magnet but I guess he is my Daddy and I can just about bring myself to share the attention with him. Mummy was gone for ages but she did appear in the end. I had a nice cuddle with Uncle P (mummy's boss). Then more pretty ladies came to see me and wanted a cuddle. I of course being the gentleman that I am (and Daddy has had words to me about female attention - take it while you have it as it soon runs out) I obliged.

I was getting a tad hot and hungry so I let mummy know and she took the hint so off we went. I could see her looking at me as we drove off. I was peering at her from under my eye lashes and from the silly smile she had on her face I knew that wrapped around my little finger she was. Haha! Such is the power of the Munchkin.

No comments: