05 November 2007

Munchkin goes nuclear

Today is a special day. I had to go back to work for a meeting with my lovely boss. I had been quite looking forward to seeing him and so many others as I have quite missed them. But, all last night and this morning I had been anxious. What if there was no room at the inn for me anymore? How would Munchkin behave on site? Lots of questions were swimming round in my head.

I put a suit on again for the first time since I was about 30 weeks pregnant. Thank goodness it fit! I hadn't even checked. Munchkin (through my rose tinted mummy spectacles) looked very lovely in his "Cheeky Monkey" outfit. I even had Munchkin's emergency milk supply packed in a champagne cooler no less. We set off and managed to get there on time.

Upon arrival, we reported to security and Munchkin was checked over by 3 security guards. I then walked Munchkin up to my boss' office. The welcoming committee (not put on specially, rather just a coincidence that they were all there) were the Site Manager, the Plant Manager, The Business Manager and the Financial Controller. It was nice. These very important men all stood round looking at the Munchkin (who ignored them and continued playing with his feet). Munchkin was then whisked off by the site manager's secretary and I had my meeting.

A full hour went by. Not a peep from the Munchkin. In fact, it occured to me that the lovely lady was back in her office without Munchkin. Just as the meeting was wrapped up, T appeared with Munchkin who then had a lovely cuddle with my boss. He likes my boss. He was very attentive.....till he saw me then decided that it was time to go home as his tummy was rumbling.

So off we went. Munchkin fell asleep as soon as I pulled out of the gates. I could only look at him and feel proud. He is a very good Munchkin when it counts. (And the answer is no! I didn't drug him before I got on site to make sure that he wouldn't cry!)

No comments: