28 November 2007

This one is for you, Mama!


Photo curtesy of GUR (master photographer and dishwasher)
My Mama can nag, in the nicest possible way. It used to be the standing joke that her sole purpose for ringing me was to nag me to take vitamin tablets (which incidently has reminded me that I have forgotten to take this morning). Since the dawn of Munchkin she has been ringing every day...not to nag but to speak to the little monster. The conversations they have are quite interesting. Mama speaks to Munchkin in Hokkien and in English....in the same sentence. No wonder the boy looks confused. But he chatters away back at the phone and he laughs sometimes (I would laugh at some of the things Mama says too if I thought I would get away with it...Munchkin does...I don't fancy my chances!)
Mama has also requested many photos of Munchkin. Mama's idea Christmas present would be a calender with a picture (life size) of Munchkin peering at her every month. My parent's house in Malaysia is now adorned with Munchkin snaps. I have on good authority that there is a picture in the living room, one in the kitchen, several dotted in other rooms in the house. If they could, they would wall paper the house with Munchkin pictures....like an homage to Munchkin in the form of a very large collage! The one picture they have not got though (I keep getting reminded!) is one of me and my Munchkin. So, Mama..this one is for you!
P/S Yes, ma. We will try and get a photo taken of all 3 of us for you soon. Oh! Did you want one with the cats in it as well?

No comments: