01 March 2008

It's been a hard day's night

Well actually, it has been one b*&t?%d fortnight. With one thing or another, the events in the last two weeks have left T and I weary. But I think it is all system's go again now, Mary Poppins is back in action , Munchkin does NOT have the squitting from all orifices bug and I am well on the way to getting remote access to work systems so that if an emergency crops up again, I should not be so isolated from my working world (sad, I know but totally necessary - spuds on the table and all that jazz!)

I have been told that my special little boy (that is what it says on my Valentine's Day card....well acutally the poor little mite thinks it is Alan Tyne's day...who's he? Bless, he is by no means advanced for his age!) has something in store for me tomorrow. He has been out shopping with his dad and they have requested free run of the kitchen for all of tomorrow starting at breakfast. Eating is very important in this household so I look forward to my special day tomorrow. Apparently, he has even bought me a card to mark the occasion of my first Mothers' Day. I have not the heart to tell him that this is my 7th....as I am the cats' mum as well. Though I have probably been disowned by Chofuz cat as I managed to squish her paw in the door today...resulting in a squeal and a hiss (at the door, not me!)

So I await in anticipation for tomorrow. After the time we have had, I can only hope that there is alcohol (malfrahol to Texans) involved , for medicinal purposes only, of course.

P/S As part of my treat, Tomb Raider Anniversary for the widowmaker machine (xBox) has arrived today....am I missing something? This is partly the chief oracle's fault...for talking me into relenting to the purchase of the beast but as I trust her judgement unquestionably, I bow to her wisdom and trust there is something in it for me! (am I naive or what?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to the "whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger" school of thought.

Remind me to send Lego Star Wars over with Geoff next time he's visiting. You can kick bottom as Princess Leia.

PS - If you think it's bad now, wait until Gears of War 2 comes out in November. We can be Game Widows together.