17 March 2008

Munchkin Malady

Things can only get better, said she...famous last words. What does she know anyway?

On Saturday, I, the Munchkin was practicing my standing. I find this quite challenging seeing that my head is just so large in proportion to my body...it is difficult carrying such a burden on one's shoulders what more support that AND my prosperous middle section on two little leggies. One minute I was standing, the next minute I was staring at the ceiling. Something had made a big BOP sound on the floor as well. Irresponsible parents. Why hadn't they tiled the floor with goosedown pillows to cushion my swoon? Anyway, I let them know about it for a minute or so then felt I couldn't be bothered any more...after all it takes less muscles to smile than to cry or frown. Don't want to go wasting all those calories on nothing. Between you and me it was only my pride that was slightly damaged. So I will let them off this time.

On Sunday, I didn't feel so hot. Perhaps it was the chilli that mummy had that daddy cooked. Needless to say, under the weather was I. Typical. I was due to go and impress some Laydees on Sunday. The lovely ladies (sisters, no less) on the Upper road awaited...I turned up (little soldier that I am) but promptly threw up on the floor. Well, I made a lasting impression if nothing else. No press is bad press. I was ushered home by mummy and daddy (amidst a string of apologies). By this time, I had had enough, I was tired, very tired so I lay in mummy's arms drifting in and out of sleep. Next thing I knew, I was whisked off to the hospidaddle where a nice quack man saw me. Well, he was nice until he prodded my ears and throat and put an ice cold something on my chest, on my BARE SKIN. To think they were surprised when I cried.

I couldn't sleep at night, I felt like I was in an oven. Mummy looked after me though and stayed with me till the birds started singing. I must have fallen asleep then.

This morning I feel a bit more like the old Munchkin, perhaps a little subdued but I will try and make up for it later. Mummy looks a bit haggard this morning. I must remember to tell her to put some slap on. Standards, woman. Munchkin will not have his mummy look like a washed out rag. But, this time, I guess she has an excuse...actually she doesn't look too bad having only had 2 hours sleep. Perhaps she needs some of that beauty sleep, quite a bit of it, I would recommend.

No comments: