23 October 2007

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...


This past week Munchkin and I have mainly been spending time with my sister (Ah Ee to Munchkin). It has been a very precious time. I had forgotten how nice it is to have adult company and adult company doesn't come any better than with my little sis. For a whole week I have had a partner in crime to eat with in the day, to make me hot drinks, to take Munchkin when I am on my last legs, for a good ol' gossip and best of all, to have a good old laugh with.

She even successfully introduced Munchkin (Munchie for short!) to the bottle which he took quite happily without much fuss. She managed to make him laugh and chuckle and Munchkin always has a smile for his Ah Ee.

Tidying up today, I did shed a tear. The laptop that was parked next to our desktop wasn't there anymore. There were not contact lense cases in the bathroom. There was no one downstairs making a coffee and there was no sweet voice singing childhood songs to Munchkin. All of a sudden it felt empty. The sun is out but it still feels cold.

1 comment:

williamandshelley said...

awww, love the photograph!