12 October 2007

Today..according to Munchkin

Hello all! Munchkin here. I thought I would give my mum a rest from this writing lark and pen a few words myself (being so advanced and all...but seriously, I have to tell you my side of the story as well...it can't be the world according to mum all the time.)

Today I slept in till 0715, although my dad did come in to check on me before he drove off in his noisy car. I pretended to be sweet in slumber though as I want to stay on the right side of him who must be adored. When I woke up, the mummy was still in bed (you can't get the staff these days!) So, I shouted. She arrived...eventually. I then decided that since she did look a bit rough I would give her my bestest smile. She melted, of course. Resistance, is futile in these circumstances. I know my strengths and intend to make the most of them while I can. I then gurgled at her for a bit, after all I was pleased to see her (as my nappy was starting to pong a bit)

She then fed me and changed me and cuddled me. I have learnt to cuddle in the last week. I tend to wrap my arms around hers when she is changing me (to try and cuddle all of her with my 'ickle arms is asking a bit too much at this precise moment in my growth cycle). She keeps saying that I am trying to stop her from putting my nappy on...there is no pleasing some people!

She then talked to me for a bit (she talks and chatters a lot this one about the strangest things, why can't we have an intellectual conversation about calculus for once?) and then she had the odacity to leave me in my cot....to clean out the cat litter trays. I mean, hello lady? Where DO your priorities lie? I decided that I was not going to give her the satisfaction of crying so I played on my own while she sorted the cats out and had her shower.

I was just drifting off when she turned the infernal machine a.k.a. vacuum cleaner on. Right! I had had enough of this mistreatment. So, I wailed and howled...let the neighbours think that she is a terrible parent. She did come to get me, this time smelling a bit better and dressed (though she could have put some make up on first and combed her hair, does she think I don't notice?)

She cuddled me and held me and put me down in my cot again muttering something about it being time for a nap. That's what you think, lady. I'll show you. I howled again. This time I even had tears for dramatic effect. Back she came muttering something about now being too tired and being on the brink of a munchkin meltdown. I beg to differ. YAWN! I'll show her who is boss. YAWN!! Who is she to think that she knows better than me when it comes to time to rest? YAWN!!! Hmm...ooh one sheep, two sheep, three sheep. Sigh....my eyelids seem heavy all of a sudden and mummy is a bit of a blur. Maybe she was right. Maybe, just maybe I could do with a bit of a nap. I'll make a scolding sound...just that she knows that she might have won this battle but if she thinks she has won the war, huh!

To be continued, post munchkin nap.

No comments: