23 December 2007

I'll be home for Christmas!

That's what Chief Oracle told me when she left for Merkin land in September and she has kept her word! SHE IS BACK!!! Good thing too else I would have taken a hit out on her very lovely husband. My very stern words to him when he came to dinner in November were "Don't you dare come back without her!"

I am exceedingly excited. We are spending Christmas Eve together this year. It will be an extra special Christmas wot with having Munchkin AND having our nearest and dearest with us too.

It has been a week of Christmas celebrations and the week ended with a bang. Our annual Remote Operations family Christmas dinner. One of the very sage members of our little family summed things up a treat "This is the one Christmas do that I would not miss for the world and I would travel anywhere for. Every year, this is the do I look forward to and this is the one that makes it feel like Christmas is here" We are a very tight knit bunch. We hardly see each other all year, some of us hardly speak but when this special time of year comes around, the importance of being with loved ones brings us all together. We drink, we eat, we catch up, we hug, we laugh and best of all, we come home. There is talk about "home" being somewhere in Texas next year...a bridge too far I hear some cynics cry....not for Remote Ops. If it were in Timbuktu we would all be there, somehow. Such is the spirit of Remote Ops. Long may it continue.

No comments: