18 December 2007

Par-Tay Monster

Hello there, everyone. Guess who? Tis I, Munchkin the Par-Tay animal. Phew it has been a weekend. Places to go, people to see....all that dressing up.

Today is my Grandee's birthday and I got to give her a nice (sloppy- she seemed to like it) Munchkin Maul on her birthday (all this was AFTER breakfast of course as one has one's priorities straight). You see Grandee and Grandad stayed with us yesterday. On Sunday, we had Sir Prise for Grandee (Who is he by the way? I don't recall being introduced to him on the day. Though I did meet many people...some had strange hair on their faces...called beards). We all huddled in a room and gave her our best smile when she walked in through the door. Our smiles must have been quite bad! Either that or we must need dental work (not me though as I only have two teeth through and they are, if I say so myself, pristine - for now), as Grandee shed a tear or two when she saw us all. It was a relief...as I thought for a while that mummy and daddy and everyone in the know about this little plot were going to burst under the strain of being secret squirrels (what is that all about? How can you be a secret squirrel? You are either a squirrel or you are not in my opinion but who am I to question the quirks of the beautiful language?)

In preparation for Grandee's do though Mummy and Daddy felt it in their duty to read me the riot act on the way to the restaurant. I was a little insulted but they were only doing what they had to do (and also they were getting their own back as they must have been read the same riot act when they were pint sized too and felt the need to "share the pain"). Did they honestly think I would risk my own reputation? Hurumphhh...Parents of little faith. So, I thought for my own sake (and definitely not theirs though they probably think that they were in control - so wrong!) I would be a nice Munchkin. I allowed strangers to give me a cuddle, I sat in my push chair and let the adults have their food before I did and I went to sleep (eventually as the lighting at the venue was not at all condusive to rest - note to self :must have words with the management about this for future reference). I smiled at most people and tried to not sound too similar to a hyena. I saved that till later when I got home (and after GAF and GUR left as I didn't want to give them a bad impression! Got to keep the greats sweet!) My perrogative...after all, my pent up agression had to be released sometime. Better out than in! Not sure what this means but Daddy uses the phrase all the time and Daddy MUST be right.

P/S I am starting to get a complex about my hair and will be shortly, with the aid of a photograph of yours truly be asking for public opinion on the matter. Watch this space!

No comments: