03 December 2007

Temporary abandonment

Phew! I am glad this morning is over. Today I had to do one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I had to leave Munchkin in the care of someone else while he was still wide awake. A first since he was born...apart from being left with T of course but that doens't really count.

I dropped Munchkin off at his childminder's house today. He was all smiles for her. I stayed for a little while just to share insider mummy knowledge on how you can tell when he is tired/is having poo etc etc and I kissed him on the forehead and walked out the door. I couldn't look back. I went off to see my very good friend and her little boy and time passed. I thought of him every second knowing in my heart of hearts that he was going to be OK. When the time came, I got in the car and went back to get him. I was anxious. I hadn't had any messages on my answerphone so all must have been well.

When I got there, all was quite. Munchkin was asleep it seems....all was well.

No comments: