14 December 2007

T-7 and pondering

Next week, by this time, Chief Oracle will be back in the country. Woohooo! I can't wait. It is a very exciting time...but I bet this week will really draaaaaaag.

I have been pondering recently. Feeling very philosophical after some very enlightening conversations with a certain Swiss person (whose house is, presently, covered in snow). Yes, I mean swiss as in chocolates and watches not cloud cuckoo clock land (incidently they didn't invent to cuckoo clock anyway...these were a German invention and I have been taught well not to confuse the Germans and the Swiss by the person in question). My point to ponder this week has been friendship. "A friends is, as it were, a second self". Isn't if funny how true friends can be out of touch for weeks, months and even years, yet when these friends are reunited, conversation flows like it has never taken a holiday.

It is also oh so true that you don't have to see someone all the time for you to have a strong friendship. So what I am trying to say? True friendships (to me, I guess) withstand the test of time, the test of distance, the test of disagreement, the test of busy lives, the test of of the truth(that one sometimes doens't want to hear but needs to) and just STUFF. It is just there and remains there, lying latent, in wait. Then when it is needed, it springs into bloom again, bigger, better and brighter than before.

So, I sit here, on a cold, grey December afternoon, eagerly counting down the days till the reunion with not just Chief Oracle but with our Remote Operations family, a week today. What a special treat!

1 comment:

Quiddy said...

The cows! Don't forget the cows!