03 September 2007

God couldn't be everywhere so.....

he created Grandmothers!
A wise woman once told me that babies are God's way of introducing more love into the world. She also told me that when I had my own baby I would know, truly how much she loves me. She was and is absolutely right. (As my mother almost always is....sometimes I just don't realise till much later and when I do I can just hear her voice telling me "Mama told you!")

Mama was here, in England for all of 26 days. In that time, I was grumpy from lack of sleep, snappish and not a very nice person to be with (I am generally not very good if I haven't slept enough....4 hours a night was not doing me any favours.) But, she was there, cheerful, helpful (most of the time!) very, very patient and very forgiving. It is so true that you don't know what you have got till you haven't got it any more....boy! Did I miss her when she had gone home to Malaysia! And I still miss her now. But, she calls practically every day "just to hear our voices", and she reminds us that things will only get better and better. Again, she is absolutely right.

I am, who I am because of her love. Now, I understand. So, here is to mothers (and grandmothers everywhere)

1 comment:

RubbishParent said...

I won't mention the mushroom incident then...