09 September 2007

My boys

These are my boys. This week they have mainly been bonding. T has been taking Munchkin in the afternoons to give me a break so I have only had to do the Daisy moo bit in the usual 3 hoursly intervals. T has also taken it up chef duties for the dinner service and resident sommelier. I am a lucky girl!

Yesterday, we had arranged to meet some lovely friends of ours, who have moved to the dark side of the valley, for breakfast. The agreed time was 1030. At 1000 munchkin was still feeding (greedy little thing) and I had yet to have a shower. I was finally released (literally) from Daisy moo duties at 1010. As I whizzed in for a power shower, munchkin got whizzed off in the opposite direction to get changed into nice, presentable going out clothes (which didn't have 'ick on it and didn't smell of munchkin poo). When I finally emerged, dressed and painted (10 minutes later), I was presented with a very smart looking munchkin.....so I should have been proud and not said "uhm.....his top is on back to front". T spent the next 15 minutes saying that it was more logical to have the buttons fastening at the front and that the design of the top was obviously, seriously flawed.

We survived breakfast, munchkin behaved and my boys spent the afternoon watching the Grand Prix qualifying. They also watched a little of the England vs. Israel match but had this cut short by the fact that munchkin had to get ready for bed.

Today, the boys have been playing peekaboo and horsies (to aviod hanging the washing out and sifting the kitty poo trays). Munchkin lights up when he hears or sees his dad and Daddy is always rewarded with a huge, beaming smile and chuckle (Yes! I think your dad is a bit funny too, munchkin) As I watch them, with a tear or two in my eyes, I know that joy is not in things, it is in my boys....and my two furry girls (a bit more on this later)

No comments: