28 September 2007

Experimentation

T and I have been doing some experimentation on the munchkin. Nothing sinister. Just giving him different things to play with and getting him to nap in various rooms in the house. Munchkin has adapted admirably. He can sleep almost anywhere. The whimpering and pretend crying and coughing doesn't last for very long as he knows full well that we sort of have him sussed and won't come unless he really needs us. This of course only works if we can't see him as one assault using his little pouty bottom lip and pleading big, brown eyes and we are reduced to mush and need to be mopped up off the floor.

Yesterday I was eating a banana. Munchkin seemed interested so I (irresponsibly) gave him the teeniest tiniest bit. He woofed it and opened his mouth for more. I resisted. Today, I made myself a cup of fennel tea. Vile stuff but apparently helps prevent colic in munchkin. He seemed interested again. So, I gave him some.....it dissapeared. 3 teaspoonfuls later he was happily gurgling and smiling away, following me and my cup round the room. At post natal group this week, we discussed weaning. We were shown different types of first foods and asked to taste some to get a feel for what babies like. Munchkin sat quietly on my lap until he saw the food. He then proceeded to drool and follow Roz, the health visitor round the room with his eyes. She was holding lots of different types of food. When she came up to me to offer some apple for tasting, Munchkin gave her the biggest smile and lurched towards the apple puree.

We were told to start munchkin on solids at 17 weeks....I don't know if munchkin will be able to hold out till then. I have left him to ponder this on his playmat and have just gone to check on him as it is quiet down there. He has fallen asleep....with his toys on his chest and his hand clenching a rattle. Bless...I would get a picture but I know better than to wake a sleeping baby!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Toby and I are alike .. we just eat, sleep & be happy!! Less than two weeks and you will finally meet your Ah Ee!!