14 September 2007

Patience is a virtue

Being a novice at the mothering lark, I depend on the oracles that surround me to pass down knowledge and also Munchkin Chucky to show me the ropes. We all learn, together.

Munchkin has been a regular little boy since the day he was born.....a few times a day regular. Then this week, it all stopped. I haven't had the blessing of a poo-sode since Tuesday. By Wednesday morning I was panicing. Would I need to administer the juice of prunes (like my evil mother did when I was little!)? Somewhat concerned, I contacted Milkmonster's mum (chief oracle) who assured me that this was normal. The next day (still nothing) I rang the health visitor, she said "Ah....damned if they do and damned if they don't!" She assured me that it was very normal for fully mummy fed babies to not actually have a poo-sode for a whole week!!

I dread what "blessing" will appear when it finally does. His usual "presents" are hideous enough (and I am saying this as his mother wot sees and smells him through rose tinted spectacles and rose scented filters). Yesterday I bought and ingested some figs (I hate figs). Also (mama will be proud), I boiled up a batch of cure all tea (which consists of 4 types of dried dates - it is a chinese witch's brew). And now, we wait............

No comments: