02 September 2007

Lees and Wicketts



Having little baby boys are very important to the chinese, so Toby's birth was a moment of great rejoicing. I am sure my aunts swear that it is due to the wishes recited during the chinese tea ceremony held in Kuantan to mark our nuptials. I won't repeat the rhyme...for one it is in hokkien and mainly because it is so very rude!

My dad is particularly thrilled. Having had two daughters, he has been long awaiting a little grandson to play cricket with....and now he has his Wickett. He must be very excited....amongst the bags of chinese herbs and Malaysian goodies stashed away in his suitcase, my dad produced a little cricket bat. This bat is 33 years old...it was bought for me and now belongs to Toby. We are all looking forward to summers with grandad and Ah kong in the garden....but for now...a cuddle will have to suffice!

1 comment:

RubbishParent said...

I wonder who he'll play for - Gloucestershire, Kent or Malaysia?